Gentoox help! Games gone!!!!

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
UTsmokey14

Gentoox help! Games gone!!!!

Post by UTsmokey14 »

I just installed gentoox and had it running perfect. I rebooted my xbox, and tried to play my games, but every one of my games on F: games is GONE! If somebody can help me fix this i would really appreciate it.

Also, i was wondering what i have to do to get my internet working on gentoox.

Thanks!

-Smokey
iccaros
Adept

Post by iccaros »

gentoox is set up dhcp so It should just work ..

during install it says to back up F before you install .. so if your games are gone .. their is not much that can be done.

for more network information see
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/h ... art1_chap3

or use the command.

net-setup eth0
Trevante
Power user

Re: Gentoox help! Games gone!!!!

Post by Trevante »

UTsmokey14 wrote:I just installed gentoox and had it running perfect. I rebooted my xbox, and tried to play my games, but every one of my games on F: games is GONE! If somebody can help me fix this i would really appreciate it.

Also, i was wondering what i have to do to get my internet working on gentoox.

Thanks!

-Smokey
I saw your IM when I checked my messages this morning....

Did you do an ftp install? Did you put everything in the root of E? If you did an FTP install like I said, I don't honestly know how it could have deleted anything in your F drive. If you did a CD install, then it's possible you might have formatted your entire HDD (when it asked if you wanted to initialize the HDD), or you formatted your F drive (did you select a native installation? If so, that's why your F drive is gone).

Now just to make sure, is it that just your games are gone, or your entire F drive is blank? If your games aren't showing up, it's probably problem with your bios and/or dashboard. Make sure your F drive is enabled, and try other dashboards to make sure the problem isn't just with the one you're using.