Lirc and pro v1.5

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
UrbanNightmare

Lirc and pro v1.5

Post by UrbanNightmare »

I've been tring to find any thing and every thing about getting LIRC to go. I've seen the lirc howto on the xbox-linus.org site but it seems I'm missing a key piece xir.h. I'm not sure where this file is but I'm sure it is in the kernel sources some where. I know MCE comes with lirc support but I can't do a native install at this time.

Thanks all.
iccaros
Adept

Post by iccaros »

according to http://gentoo-wiki.com/Gentoo_for_Xbox you just emerge lirc.. now what I think you need is the /etc/lircd.conf for the remote you are using..
this is for mplayer and is droped in ~/.lircrc
# .lircrc for mplayer control via xbox-ir
#

begin
button = PAUSE
prog = mplayer
config = pause
end

begin
button = PLAY
prog = mplaye
config = run
end

begin
button = REVERSE
prog = mplayer
config = seek -10 0
repeat = 1
end

begin
button = FORWARD
prog = mplayer
config = seek +10 0
repeat = 1
end

begin
button = SKIP-
prog = mplayer
config = seek 0 1
end

begin
button = SKIP+
prog = mplayer
config = seek 100 1
end

begin
button = STOP
prog = mplayer
config = quit
end

begin
button = DISPLAY
prog = mplayer
config = osd
end

begin
button = UP
prog = mplayer
config = dvdnav 1
end

begin
button = DOWN
prog = mplayer
config = dvdnav 2
end

begin
button = RIGHT
prog = mplayer
config = dvdnav 4
end

begin
button = LEFT
prog = mplayer
config = dvdnav 3
end

begin
button = SELECT
prog = mplayer
config = dvdnav 6
end

begin
button = MENU
prog = mplayer
config = dvdnav 5
end

begin
button = DOWN
prog = mplayer
config = dvdnav 2
end

begin
button = TITLE
prog = mplayer
config = sub_select
end
UrbanNightmare

Post by UrbanNightmare »

Actually it looks like I'll need a kernel 2.2.27 or greater also. From what I have deciphered so far it uses a include file called xir.h from the kernel source. So I'm afraid I will need to update the kernel first.

Speaking of recompiling the kernel. How would you do this with Pro v1.5? I'm using the game save (e:) at the moment.

This is what I think I need to do.

Install kernel. Copy .config over. Run make oldconfig. run make menuconfig and include anything else I may want/need. make dep && make clean bzImage modules modules_install. Once all that is done use mkinit to make an initrd image (have to read the man page because I've never had to use it before). Then copy the bzImage to e:\vmlinuz and copy initrd to d:\initrd.gz. Reboot and cross fingers.

Does anyone know if I missed anything? I've never used mkinit so if someone has any tricks please let me know.
iccaros
Adept

Post by iccaros »

its how I would do it.. I have never used mkinit before so I would be playing just as much..

I am advoiding the whole lirc by using wireless xbox controllers. and progrma the keys for mythtv.. Shallax just added support for the Spirit wireless controllers..