Ran magic - no video visible in Mplayer or Xine (has audio)

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
honukele
Novice

Ran magic - no video visible in Mplayer or Xine (has audio)

Post by honukele »

After running magic, sync, and install xserver, I cannot watch videos. I can hear the sound, but all that appears in the viewing window is a blue screen. I suspect the problem has something to do with etc-update. I selected -3 and replaced all the config files. If the latter is indeed the problem, is there some way to fix this or do I have to reinstall the whole enchilada? If etc-update is not the problem, any thoughts?

Emerged mplayer. No change.
iccaros
Adept

Post by iccaros »

what is the optiosn you are using for mplayer and xine should be x11
honukele
Novice

Post by honukele »

Funny thing, I can get mplayer to run from the command line with -vo x11, however, gmplayer will not run. I think I have located the problem. I attempted to emerge dvd::rip (drip) and the emerge failed, leaving a partially complete package. After that the problems started, culminating in my inability to log in to Gentoo at all. (The bootup fails) I am now re-installing Gentoox from scratch.
iccaros
Adept

Post by iccaros »

most emerges that fail on gentoox is due to low memory on the xbox. after a emerge fails I always go back and use the --resume options.. it normally fixes any problems.

I also prefer vlc to mplayer.. unless I am at the command line.. then Mplayer is the only way to fly.