glftpd

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
SnAtcH
Linux User

glftpd

Post by SnAtcH »

Hey, i've got a problem... i installed glftpd on my xbox.. i read the glftpd docs about 1000x times.. nothing i could find wich i did wrong... it works fine when logging in to the machine by using the localhost --> ftp localhost:51234 .. but somehow.. it seems to block connections from the outside.. when connecting from my pc it says

[L] Connecting to xbox -> DNS=xbox IP=10.0.0.2 PORT=51234
[L] Connected to xbox
[L] Connection failed (Connection lost)

i reinstalled glftpd.. changed configs etc... nothing helped..

i am able to login on the server ( from the xbox itself to the localhost --> 127.0.0.1 )

i think it has something to do with a blocker on gentoox... a firewall or something like it.. since proftpd worked fine :S

Thankz in advance...

Cheers
rounz

Post by rounz »

default setting on glftpd account allows only localhost connections, you need to log in and add a user with your pc`s ip, if you do that and still have problems connecting, check /etc/xinetd.d/glftpd (or equivilent inetd config if you use that) and make sure the server is allowing incoming connections..
clpalmer
Power user

Post by clpalmer »

Take a look at /opt/glftpd/ftp-data/users/glftpd and look for the line:

Code: Select all

IP *@127.0.0.1
Change that line to *@* and try again. First, though, you should change glftpd's password so that anyone else trying to connect to your box can't log in (which is why it's set to localhost only in the first place).