Native Install

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
pwk_1000

Native Install

Post by pwk_1000 »

Hi

I would like to do the Native install on my 1.0 Xbox which is fitted with an Xecuter 2 Mod and I was wondering will the native install leave my Xbox not being able to playing games, or will I still be able to disable the mod and play games as normal.

Sorry if it’s a stupid question!

Thanks in advance

Paul
stevie
Novice

Post by stevie »

Hi
Maybe this will answer your question:
http://gentoox.shallax.com/modules.php? ... e&artid=42

Install Option "native" from the install menu will format your F partition with ReiserFS .

In the FAQ's of ShaLLaX Homepage it says:
WARNING: 'NATIVE' WILL DESTROY ALL DATA ON YOUR F: PARTITION. ALWAYS BACKUP FIRST. ONCE 'NATIVE' HAS BEEN SELECTED, THE ONLY WAY TO GET YOUR F: PARTITION BACK FOR NORMAL USAGE IS BY FORMATTING!
You must have 3.5GB free on your E: drive, cause the installer copies everthing to E: first before installing to F:

There are other ways for a "real" native install (whole Disk for Gentoox). But I suppose nobody will help you here, cause ShaLLax doesn't support this.

Stevie.
kopibean
Adept

Post by kopibean »

Hi, maybe my limited experience will help :) I have installed Gentoox Home with native option. This option will format the F partition and install gentoox on it. However the boot files (gentoox.xbe, linuxboot.cfg) still reside in E drive. Gentoox Home by default does not flash your bios (unlike MCE) so you will still be able to boot up to your Evo (or other) dashboard (and launch game from there) and launch the GentooX.

So in short, if you didnt flash your bios, you would still be able to play game when install in native mode. Just a note to backup all your apps in F drive before install native.