Little help please

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
Chronus

Little help please

Post by Chronus »

Hey, i was just wondering how i would go about launching kopete from xfce, i have gentoox home 3.1 so kopete is already on the hard drive, and i was also wondering how i mount a usb mass storage device under linux. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
sharon
Novice

Post by sharon »

I am not sure what 'kopete" is. But most of the executable/ or launcher seem to be in the "/usr/bin/' folder.

maybe you can launch it from there.

"gentoox is magical in every way"
:P
Chronus

Post by Chronus »

its an instant messenger, works with all types of messengers like msn and yahoo. But thanks, ill try looking there, because kde is way to slow.
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

2tyler2

Post by 2tyler2 »

Hey in xfce just click on the tab beside your internet programs on the panel, then when the little box comes up with your programs, which would b sumthin like, firefox, thunderbird, gaim etc. Right click and choose add new launcher, when the box pops up just type in 'kopete' and clcik 'ok' and ur done. when u click on the internet tab on the panel amongst your other progrmas will be kopete, just click on this and your away.
snipes
Linux User

Post by snipes »

i was also wondering how i mount a usb mass storage device under linux.
good question, check this out.
viewtopic.php?t=2039&highlight=mount+usb+device
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
No Prob