Installed apache 2 and now system wont boot

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
2tyler2

Installed apache 2 and now system wont boot

Post by 2tyler2 »

I installed gentoox, emerge sync'd and followed the tutorial on the gentoox website for installing apache, now when i try to load gentoox i get all kinds of errors saying modules dont exist and certain things cant be loaded. I ran sparkle and let it do its thing now when i try and load gentoox everything seems to work, i still get some errors that werent ther b4 but it continues to load, then when it gets to 'starting x...' it returns an error saying chmod: cannot access '/dev/dsp' : No such file or directory,
and feezes. I can log on through ssh and ive tried starting x but it returns errors saying modules cant be loaded. Any ideas how to fix this ? or do i need to do a fresh install ?

Thanks for your help
sharon
Novice

Post by sharon »

I installed apache several times, but that never happened to me. The only time I get errors were when I interrupt it when it is doing its thing (installing, file copying etc). I did it several times because I am new to Linux and all the thing it does. So I always end up doing something wrong in the end, but I assure you, apache was never a problem, follow the tut word by word.

Maybe you should try again and wait with patience. Sometimes it helps to read the tut again and again, make sure you have not missed anything.