VNC

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
Alex

VNC

Post by Alex »

Hi @all

I've installed VNC on my XBox (KDE) an everything works fine. Thx for that great Linux. But if I connect from my PC to the XBox (Port 5801) and typed in my pw I've nearly the mousecourser and a pointed background. I've used the Tutorial on http://gentoox.shallax.com.

What I've done wrong ?

Thx.
Alex
ESTIMULO

Post by ESTIMULO »

What I've done wrong ?
Nothing, that's all right. You allways get two mouse cursor.
Alex

Post by Alex »

But I can't see enything except the mousecourser and the pointed background. No icons, no startbar ... nothing !

Alex
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

You probably didnt edit your xstartup file properly - make sure the only thing in it is "startkde". (/home/gentoox/.vnc/xstartup << i think thats the right path)
Last edited by ShALLaX on Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ESTIMULO

Post by ESTIMULO »

Sorry Alex, I haven't understood your question, I am spanish and my english is so bad.
ShALLaX I got the same problem as Alex and in my log file (/Home/gentoox/.vnc/Home.localhost:1.log) say something like startkde command not found. I've done an windowmaker emerge and replaced startkde to wmaker in my /home/gentoox/.vnc/xstartup.
It works fine with wmaker.

ShALLaX thanks for gentoox :lol:
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Heh - if you dont have KDE installed, then ofcourse it wont work :P You're better off doing that - emerge windowmaker, then adding wmaker to xstartup :)
Alex

Post by Alex »

- Gentoox Home V2 is correct installed
- I use KDE
- All files are correct modified
- I can do anything that I want with my USB Keyboard/Mouse, all works correct
- I can login to the XBox with my browser or vnc viewer
- I have a mousecourser (not an arrow but an "X")
- I see a pointed background
- If I do anything on the PC the XBox don't care about

It is possible that the KDE has a problem with VNC ?
Has anyone installed the Home V2 Version of Gentoox (with KDE) and can use VNC correct ?

Thx for the help
Alex
ESTIMULO

Post by ESTIMULO »

Alex, please try this one:
#emerge windowmaker
#nano -w /home/gentoox/.vnc/xstartup (and replace startkde with wmaker), save and exit. Restart VNC and try to log in from your PC through VNC.
I've got Home v2 with KDE running ok in local mode but not remotely (the same problem mousecourser (not an arrow but an "X") and a pointed background).
Alex

Post by Alex »

Thx for the tip Estimulo.
Unfortunately it changes nothing ...
MountainSlide
Linux User

VNC

Post by MountainSlide »

Hi,

I too have that same problem. I followed the VNC tutorial tonight and have the exact problem that Alex has. I rechecked as suggested above in this thread but everything is setup correctly. I am running Gentoox Home Edition v2.0.

I went back and tried windowmaker again. I am able to see the windowmaker desktop in VNC but there is no desktop on the TV, only a black screen with an x that moves with the mouse movement. (Oh yeah, I don't like windowmaker; I got use to KDE.)

Any ideas?
Ron
MountainSlide
Linux User

Post by MountainSlide »

bump :lol:
Ron

keyboards

Post by Guest »

Are you talking about keyboards or something else?! Umm. There is a good page for keyboards perhaps!
Also,you can find some other content on it,such as audio bible or winter hats or london chelsea.
You can search on the homepage try some other keywords,no ads even.these page updated every day.Because of the huge database,it perhaps not very fast,if you don't like it,take it easy.

buy xbox games

Post by Guest »

This is a good talking about the buy xbox games!!I learn a lot more about buy xbox games here,I like it.
I search Yahoo for long time and find here.By the way I found some content on another website about it.Also,you can find some other on it,such as intranet portal or discount window blinds or goedkoop lenen.
LOL!Good job and go on talking plz,boys :)
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

blog, why arent you banned yet?
zlasher
Adept

Post by zlasher »

Shallax needs some help keeping these bots and spammers out of here..

This site helped me getting the xbox usefull - and shouldn't be filled with crap like this! :evil:

Steinar T
Xbox v1.1, Xtender, Xecuter 3CE
Gentoox Pro 4.1 native
http://xboxlinux.mine.nu