windows 98 install problem

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
tony86
Linux User

windows 98 install problem

Post by tony86 »

Ok, I have bochs set up right. But when I go to install win98 I can get far as "restarting your computer" on the windows setup page. When I press restart or let it restart itseelf the screen just turns black. When I reset bochs I have a choice of "setup without cdrom support", and "setup with cdrom support" I tried both and all I get is a command promnt A:\> . How do I start windows up to finish the installation.
lotw
Pro

Re: windows 98 install problem

Post by lotw »

tony86 wrote:Ok, I have bochs set up right. But when I go to install win98 I can get far as "restarting your computer" on the windows setup page. When I press restart or let it restart itseelf the screen just turns black. When I reset bochs I have a choice of "setup without cdrom support", and "setup with cdrom support" I tried both and all I get is a command promnt A:\> . How do I start windows up to finish the installation.
I thought this was a Gentoox forum, not a Bochs running Windows. If you want a real answer it would be better to post where the people who could answer it are.