either no video or scrambled video....

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
chrono

either no video or scrambled video....

Post by chrono »

ok xbox specs

a version 1.4 with a chameleon 1.8 installed.
(chameleons do not show video from cromwell on anything past 1.3)
gentoox home version 3.0c... I havent updated as it takes like 4 hours to d/l gentoox.. 30 k/B sec d/l speed

since that was an issue i tried ftping gentoox over with the ftp tut. then i loaded gentoox. w/o the cd i selected gentoox in evox. first no video. led changes orange the fan goes the insane speed and then my xbox will shut off.

with the cd in i get garbled video...

any clue on how to fix this?
classybum
Linux User

just get 3.1

Post by classybum »

run the loader from the cd. after it ejects and injects, wait 15s for stardust to load. once it is waiting for input from you, ssh into your box. follow the ftp install instructions. run magic. read install.txt. read readme.txt. read the tutorials. read the faq. search the forums. if those all fail, then post.

the orange led thing is a known issue. read about it. in my experience, if i get the orange led/crazy fan/shutdown, i reboot, and try again. after a few tries, it will work. i've also messed around with rebooting, running another app like xtoolkit or something, quitting, then launching gentoox. seems to have worked every time so far, meanwhile just constantly trying to load gentoox has resulted in the led/fan/shutdown problem a few times in a row before finally loading.

or. just fuckin download 3.1 overnight or something. you're already waiting around for someone to answer your questions that have been answered a million times. 3.1 worked for me without a hitch, and i have the focus video chip as well.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Yeah, guess what the major reason for releasing v3.1 was....
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo