LCD Support?

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
AoD

LCD Support?

Post by AoD »

Is there/is there gonna be a support for the SmartXX LCD Display?
It would be very useful if the temperature or RAM load is being displayed there
Bucko
Power user

Post by Bucko »

It would be nice but I don't see how you could do it I think cromwell would have to support it (correct me if im wrong). Could anyone shed any light? Would be nice but if you do don't forget other mod chips like Xenium, X3 etc (I think shallax only has Xenium's though).
AoD

Post by AoD »

well, the xbmc supports the LCD on nearly every bios
so i think its a matter of coding the program, not a problem with a special bios
zlasher
Adept

Post by zlasher »

I know this thread is old and dusty :) ..

The XBMC source is available via sourceforge.
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/xbmc ... r?download

I'm no C++ programmer - but shouldn't it be quite easy to develope..

1) a LCD deamon for gentoox (- like fanctl)
or..
2) a LCDd driver for the LCDd project ( http://www.lcdproc.org/ )

I've checked out the XBMC source and the LCDd source - but my lack of C++ programming skills are to big to get anywhere..

Steinar T
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

it would have to be supported in the kernel (existing or new patch/module) to net us perhaps a /dev device i.e. on my raq2 it has support for the lcd screen built in maybe its supported likewhise already
zlasher
Adept

Post by zlasher »

Yes - it should/could be a /dev/ device for it - problem is - there isnt.. I'm no coder - but shouldn't linux be able to address hardware directly?

- The source for xbmc is quite clean - and it should be possible for experienced c++ programmers to utilize that code here - or am I wrong?

Steinar T
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

Most linux code is C (i think) perhaps some would still apply
rodney896

no one has got this working yet!!!

Post by rodney896 »

its been 4 years I cant believe sum hacker out there has not figured out how to do this yet.
i been searching google for the past 2hrs with no luck :? . I have an executer mod chip with lcd (320x200 Matrix LCD) screen on my xbox and would enjoy to output data to that screen. like network trafic, uptime, mabey apache logs. anyway i run gentoox primarly as a headless machine, and i bet
alot of other people out there do to. i don't mind if i have to use the executer bios as i like the bios anyway. i have also considered geting a usb linux compatable lcd and mounting it into my xbox, this might be the only solutin for now. but if anyone has found an alternative solution please get back to me

thanks
rodnet
ps keep up the good work on gentoox!