Installation freezing

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
beshamish

Installation freezing

Post by beshamish »

Hi, I am trying to install Gentoox Home edition, but when its gets to the booting screen the "initializing network" but does nothing, i have left it for a long time becuase the white thing is still flashing but still nothin happens. This what it says on my screen.

Booting:
-Initializing device nodes. . . ( ok )
-Initializing Modules . . . ( ok )
-Initializing network . . .

After that the flashin white thang just stays flashin and nothin happens, could somebody help?
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Yep, someone hasnt set their clock :)
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
beshamish

Post by beshamish »

wot does that mean, wot do i have to do to fix it?
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

... You need to set your clock, see your Xbox's instruction manual.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
lilaOne

Post by lilaOne »

i do have the same problem but it hangs and doesn't time out - even with network cable connected. some weeks ago it did work perfectly...i don't know what i should have changed :/

beshamish: have you solved the problem?

lilaOne
Chunkywolf
Novice

Post by Chunkywolf »

turn off your modchip and set your clock in the dashboard
lilaOne

Post by lilaOne »

i don't have the original microsoft dashboard anymore so it doesn't start without the modchip...it says something that the xbox needs service .... is there any other possibility to set the clock? between: what is the clock good for??
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

A clock is very important in computer land (don't you remember the Millenium bug)

I believe some 3rd party dashboards let you set the clock by syncing with a time server.
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
lilaOne

Post by lilaOne »

k i think the reason is the unset clock BUT:

the original microsoft dashboard doesn't work anymore...so i can't boot the xbox with the original bios and only with a modchip! But - the modchip has stardust bios installed and the network doesn't work because of the clock - so i can't try to "repair" the original dashboard because i can't change files on the harddisk... i can't use it at my pc because i don't have the unlock key

isn't there any tool which lets me set the xbox's clock from the stardust bios or something like that??

thx

lila