konsole probs

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
tewy
Linux User

konsole probs

Post by tewy »

hi i have installed linux again after doing magic f and it woulnt load again but im haveing prob with console i can type in su but when it asks for p/word it wont let me type,
any ideas.also im thinking of making vga cable but would like to know weather the vga bios has to b 1mb i have both versions the 1mb with complex and the 512 to mix but only have x2 chip so if it has to b 1mb wont have enough for x2 bios and have read that some games dont work well through vga or when i plug back to norm av cable for games will it b ok??please ne 1 i want to run magic but the console wont let me type the password
gasranas
Linux User

Post by gasranas »

How did you log in as root to run magic ? Has it just stopped working since you moved to the F drive ?

Gas
tewy
Linux User

Post by tewy »

it didnt make it to the f drive it crashed when i tried to load so i installed again opened konsole typed in su and when it asks for p/w it wont let me type it,that was the way i did it first time when i tried magic f
gasranas
Linux User

Post by gasranas »

This might be a horrible question to ask, but it needs checking...

You say "it wont let me type"

but that is normal for passwords in linux. Characters do not appear on screen as you type them, you type it all in and hit enter.

Apologies if you know this already, just given what you wrote, it could be the problem.

If' it isn't this, then I dunno.

Gas
tewy
Linux User

Post by tewy »

cheers for ur help no i didnt know that and it worked