installing to f: with boot loader 4

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!

Do you wish there was f: or g: installs for drives 120 and up ?

Yes
75%
NO- I only have a stock drive or I don't care about my game saves etc
25%
no- my drive is not stock but is less the 120
No votes

Total votes: 4

shedt
Adept

installing to f: with boot loader 4

Post by shedt »

I was really hoping this would work, but it did not.

does anyone know how to move/install onto f: on a drive that is 120 gigs or more ?

I really think this should be somthing to fix.... but it seems shallax is working on it:

http://gentoox.shallax.com/modules.php? ... le&sid=287
A new version of Gentoox Loader is here, the main fix relates to LBA48. I would be extremely grateful if someone with a drive bigger than 137GB would install this new bootloader and try installing Gentoox Pro to F: (not Native or E:) and let me know if it works. You can download the BIOS from here.
my question is will this make a difference in trying magic f-drive ?
when i run magic f-drive from the terminal as root, should I mount the f: partition first ?

one thing i did not do was flash with the new bios, so maybe i will try installing to f: with the new bios...

i'm a bit warry though, i don't want to waste anymore time.

i deleted a bunch of stuff, all of my soundtracks....

i hope someone will reply here...
lotw
Pro

Post by lotw »

I wish there was an option to only have the Linux partitions. Don't really care for the C, E, X, Y, Z drives. Running Linux only.
shedt
Adept

Post by shedt »

yes, I guess you can only do a native install with a f: partition, and stock drives do not have one....

I imagine Shallax will address both of these some day.