Wireless USB Keyboard & Mouse in Gentoox

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
bobbyaustin
Linux User

Wireless USB Keyboard & Mouse in Gentoox

Post by bobbyaustin »

As I am gonna buy a wireless mouse and keyboard setup for Gentoox this weekend.

I was wondering if there was a list of supported devices, or if anyone could post there working setups for me so I have an idea of what to buy.

There is not much choice in the UK but I don't want to buy an unsupported device so your help would be great.

Cheers Bob.
scoobydu
Linux Expert

Post by scoobydu »

I use Logitech® Cordless Desktop® MX and the standard cordless desktop, both work with no problem.

I do fancy getting the new bluetooth desktop though :lol: not sure if that works!

scooby
¡Mysto!
Novice

Post by ¡Mysto! »

I got Microsoft Cordless KEyboard & Optical Mouse works fine :P
bobbyaustin
Linux User

Post by bobbyaustin »

Thanks - I have been looking at the logitech setup, looks like a good combo.
chienpourri

Post by chienpourri »

I use both logitech cordless keyboard and wireless trackman optical mouse, bought separately (that means 2 receiver on the xbox). I use a small 4 port hub to use only 1 port on xbox. I also use the same setup on my PC. Works great!
bikr
Novice

Post by bikr »

wait , that shouldn't work , /me thinks , i thought the usb board doesn't let you component stack since the usb port sees the controller as 2 ports already due to the memory card being a hub.. /me is confused.. can you run multiple devices off of each port?
¡Mysto!
Novice

Post by ¡Mysto! »

My understanding was that in linux yes you could, but to my surprise my keyboard also works in evox even though it is on the same usb port as a mouse!?