Need Help with vpopmail \ qmailadmin

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
damnet
Linux User

Need Help with vpopmail \ qmailadmin

Post by damnet »

ok here the story after being screwed over not long ago and having all my days worth of work wrecked i finally got some inspiration to get crackin at it again so it been almost a week and now finally it is runing smoothly ... again and more secure this time too. well like i said everythings running smoothly besides theres always sumthin that plays up and this time it was vpopmail ok so ive gone through a couple gentoo qmail tutorials and got it all together and working w\O qmailadmin and then ive decided to add qmailadmin so ive emerged qmailadmin and as its emerged its installed a dependencie vpopmail 5.x now i thought hang on ive laready got vpopmail (mustve bin older version) so i thought ok its just updateing it so it went through it and then installed qmailadmin and sure enought i visist the link and qmailadmin works BUT i cannot log in no matter what usernanme\password combo i use i just get invalid login. then i check my vpopmail to try and add a dummy domain and i get the following:
-----------------------------------------------------------
inspiration /root # vadddomain testing.com password
vmysql: sql error[c]: MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: sql error: MySQL server has gone away
Failure while attempting to remove_line() the locals file
vmysql: sql error: MySQL server has gone away
Error. Failed to add domain to assign file
Error: Could not update file
-----------------------------------------------------------
im not sure whats goin on i think the updat of vpopmail caused some problems somewhere along the line. i read somewhere editing the vpopmail.mysql file fixed ths problem but im not sure where its located....

thanks in advance any help is good help

damnet.