Some questions about Gentoox PRO

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
georgc
Novice

Post by georgc »

I reinstalled it from the CD i made and that didnt work so i downloaded pro again and it looks like it worked. how long will magic run for if i emerge xfce and mplayer?

thank you soo much guys
Trogdor
Gentoox Guru!

Post by Trogdor »

If you want to compile xfce and mplayer on Pro, including all dependencies, it will be 3 days, by my guess.
MOUNT TAPE U1439 ON B3, NO RING

Q: HOW DO I RUN MAGIC ??
A: You run magic by not typing in capital letters.
georgc
Novice

Post by georgc »

ok more problems guys (sorry)

Emerging XFCE failed on Pro so i downloaded home 3.0 and just swapped the rootfs with the other one. I ran magic and everything works untill it tries to compile gdm. I used to have home 3.0 on my xbox and it compiled gdm fine. I also tried to emerge a program i needed (eastftp) that failed aswell, but once again i had it all working on my xbox before all this PRO stuff. now could it be the other files that are causing my compile errors?
Gorilla

Post by Gorilla »

make sure your date/time is correct (try: 'emerge getdate' & use time.nist.gov for syncronisation).
georgc
Novice

Post by georgc »

still doesnt work. I replaced the new files like swap and indridz with the old ones that came with home 3.0 and everything works fine.

also what is a good GUI FTP cliant?
Trogdor
Gentoox Guru!

Post by Trogdor »

georgc wrote:still doesnt work. I replaced the new files like swap and indridz with the old ones that came with home 3.0 and everything works fine.

also what is a good GUI FTP cliant?
For Linux: deadFTP. For Windows: Filezilla.
MOUNT TAPE U1439 ON B3, NO RING

Q: HOW DO I RUN MAGIC ??
A: You run magic by not typing in capital letters.