New (Well, Different) Xbox

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
msnyder
Adept

New (Well, Different) Xbox

Post by msnyder »

I'm swapping Xboxes with a buddy who has a 1.2, effectivly riding myself of that decreped Focus Video Encoder, so now my HDTV will work. We will basically be swapping hard drives since both Xboxes are the same, same chip and such, so I want to remove my current installation and reinstall, recompile and such to work with the new board. My question is this, what files do I need to delete from E:\?
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

you may not have to reinstall and recompile. If you just copy the rootfs, swap, vmlinuz, gentooxx.xbe, linuxboot.cfg and intrd.gz from one box to the other. You should be able to boot gentoox ssh in and run xbvset and you'll be good to go. Otherwise delete the above files.
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
Taily
Adept

Post by Taily »

I really don't see any reason for him to edit anything if hes swapping the harddrive..
Itll just be a bew box with all the same configs, he could just either flash gentoox loader onto his new box or sumtin, or start it via .xbe files