interesting question ???

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
X-Lord

interesting question ???

Post by X-Lord »

hey guys im running KDE 3.1 and i cant seem to locate the console,
i tried typing xterm in the run command and that worked fine. trouble is it doesnt work to well if u have lost the onscreen keyboard, which is the main thing im trying to find. loging off and back on seems abit drastic just to get ur keyboard back. a couple of other ?'s, I cant seem to connect to the hotmail email severs with either the webrowsers or the email clients,
same goes for yahoo mail and yahoo search results wont show, google works fine so its kinda wierd. the web browsers wont even load http://www.hotmail.com , any help would be much apreciated thx
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

The terminal in kde is called kterm
There is a shortcut to get your keyboard back on the kde menu
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
X-Lord

Post by X-Lord »

yeah thx for the help i got it sorted already, i was logged in as root so the keyboard wasnt there. can u tell me how to update gaim so it will connect to msn ? and when i emerge amsn it only gives me v0.90.
BoricAcid
Novice

Post by BoricAcid »

as root:

Code: Select all

emerge -u gaim
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

you can get version 0.91 of amsn one of two ways
the old way is to do

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge amsn
The new way was introduced in portage-2.0.50 so make sure you have at least that version. Then

mkdir /etc/portage
echo net-im/amsn\ ~x86 >> package.keywords
emerge amsn
now when you update your system with emerge -uD world amsn will upgrade to the latest version marked ~x86 in portage.
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?