Complete source tarball ready for building an .iso?

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
lordapollyon

Complete source tarball ready for building an .iso?

Post by lordapollyon »

Call me dense if this is what you're already providing, but I would like a tarball or .iso of all of your sources (with whatever patches you need) to build a customised kernel+toolchain for a friend of mine who has an XboX located 1,500 miles from me.

I am needing to incorporate some patches to the kernel and some tools to provide for encrypted filesystem support [for both CD-ROM and loopback HDD-resident filesystems].

The current GentooX doesn't support any of this. What's needed are some kernel patches [which should apply cleanly enough], and tools to manipulate the loopback filesystem driver and crypto modules.

What kernel version is the current GentooX running with? There are very reliable crypto fs modules for 2.4.25 and 2.6.4.

In any event, I'd like to build in my patched kernel and tools, and prep a CD I can mail to my friend. Alternatively, I can contribute the patches so you can make this an "Official" part of the distro. It has no performance or reliability impact on the kernel if you don't make use of the functionality. The loopback driver and crypto modules are loaded only when you want to mount encrypted filesystems.

Cheers, GentooX groupies!

Lord Apollyon