My cpu is sucked by one process..

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
effbiai
Novice

My cpu is sucked by one process..

Post by effbiai »

971 root 17 0 64 4 0 R 90.4 0.0 879:12.52 /bin/joyd /etc/joydrc.xbox

what the hell is that ? it uses 90.4% of my cpu :/
effbiai
Novice

Post by effbiai »

When i readed the config.. i figured out this was the joystic.. and cuz i'm using ssh.. i don't need this joystic to run atm.. so i gonna kill it :twisted: i wanna use my cpu on some compiling instead 8)
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Yeah, joyd is a source of annoyance because its not really designed for analogue joypads. Often, the deadzone for the joypad isnt high enough, so it will constantly use resources whilst the joypad is held in any particular direction. I'll make it optional in future releases.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
effbiai
Novice

Post by effbiai »

well.. when i killed i, i couldn't use the joypad.. but i don't care.. keyboard and mouse is so mutch easier :> and i got a lot of more cpu to use on other stuff :D
Chiron
Linux User

Joypad Killer? ;)

Post by Chiron »

effbiai wrote:well.. when i killed i, i couldn't use the joypad.. but i don't care.. keyboard and mouse is so mutch easier :> and i got a lot of more cpu to use on other stuff :D
Hi, there!
I wonder how you killed that task?
I think I'm able to use xterm, running 'ps -A|more', and find the process and kill it from there, but is it possible to remove it from the sdtartup-script somehow?
And,lastly, is there any way i can start the graphical taskmanager from the XFCE-menu, with root-privilegies, so that i get full control over the tasks?

Best regards from Bergen, Norway!..
-ChiRon
Chiron
Linux User

Joypad Killer? ;)

Post by Chiron »

effbiai wrote:well.. when i killed i, i couldn't use the joypad.. but i don't care.. keyboard and mouse is so mutch easier :> and i got a lot of more cpu to use on other stuff :D
Hi, there!
I wonder how you killed that task?
I think I'm able to use xterm, running 'ps -A|more', and find the process and kill it from there, but is it possible to remove it from the sdtartup-script somehow?
And,lastly, is there any way i can start the graphical taskmanager from the XFCE-menu, with root-privilegies, so that i get full control over the tasks?

Best regards from Bergen, Norway!..
-ChiRon