Gentoox install

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
Motomatt

Gentoox install

Post by Motomatt »

I extracted the STARDUST.ISO to a directory on my pc. Then extracted the DISTRO.RAR into the same directory in which it over wrote some files when It was extracting. I then FTP'd the entire directory to my F:\stardust directory on my xbox and edited the dashboard to load Gentooxx.xbe. When I load it from my dashboard it boots and then opens the CD tray and askes for gentoox install disk. I thought me ftping all of the files basicly skipped the install? What am I doing wrong here? Thanks in advance

Matt
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

All files must be in the root of the E drive the files you need are

vmlinuz
linuxboot.cfg
rootfs
initrd.gz
swap
gentooxx.xbe
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
Motomatt

Post by Motomatt »

I thought I could do a F: install ? Anyways, I installed exactly as you described onto E: and got the same result. It boots up to a gentoox screen and then asks for a stardust CD to be inserted. I guess this is what I get for being cheap and not wanting to waste a DVD for a install disk.. Thanks for the ultra fast reply..

Matt
If a man walks alone in the forrest, and no women are around, is he still wrong?
Motomatt

Gentoox

Post by Motomatt »

Thanks for the help nobspangle.. I have it under control now.. Was a simple mistake I was making.. Actually the tutorial I was reading was not very clear about certain things.. Thanks again!

Matt
If a man walks alone in the forrest, and no women are around, is he still wrong?
djdafreund
Novice

Post by djdafreund »

Oh sure, mister Motomatt can ask questions but doesn't want to help for crap for his friends!!!! Haha. L8er dude!! You said to look at the tutorials. I did. Hmmmmm.. Call ya l8er dude.
Motomatt

Post by Motomatt »

Not my fault your to lazy to read and want everyone else to do everything for you, Besides you know everything already remember? ... And no you cannot have a copy of my linux install after I update it.. get your own.. And who the hell said we were friends? Geez some people..
djdafreund
Novice

Post by djdafreund »

Screw you guy, i'm going home. Maybe i'll just crack your crap and download directly off your xbox myself biyatch!!!!Next you'll be sayin i owe you $50. Hahaha. Call ya later. There's some crap i gotta do still since mine in the focus. I Already got the instructions and programs needed to upgrade to the focus support. you have a few things you have to do without an xbox screen (patches) to get your screen showing correctly. Anyway, what your saying on the phone, i agree with backing up myself and repacking it to a cd again. That'll help others too if they want this already done. Share. Ya greedy bitch!!!Haha. L8er dude. Call ya when i get off work. 5k cap on the trnx rate using magic's upate system huh? Bummer!!! Hmmm....
hackers61

Have the same problem

Post by hackers61 »

Hi,
Got exactly the same problem, it asks for the stardust cd..
As you wrote it "was a simple mistake" ,...
Would you care to share that mistake you made since I can´t find it myself.