Sparkle problems.

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
boss302

Sparkle problems.

Post by boss302 »

I have gentoox installed on the f drive, and it's been working fine for a while. It was pro 1.0 and has been upgraded to the latest via magic and emerge.
After doing the latest kernel upgrade, when I boot the system I get a
"root not unmounted properly" message, since it's mounted rw it can't be checked.
Sparkle booted, didn't find any rootfs and shutdown.
I moved my rootfs to drive E and it was found, and checked.
Unfortunatly the system still doesn't boot same "root not unmounted properly error"
I have transferred the rootfs to another working linux system, and there are no errors on the file.
Since I didn't have any unreplacable work on the system I have resorted to re-installing pro1.1b which I am doing now.

So, the issue is not why it couldn't fix the rootfs, but why it didn't find it on drive f.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Good question, Ill look into it!
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

ahh, the problem was a brainfart ;) I was trying to mount the f partition to a mountpoint which doesnt exist! Give me a few mins to fix and reupload!
boss302

Post by boss302 »

ShALLaX wrote:ahh, the problem was a brainfart ;) I was trying to mount the f partition to a mountpoint which doesnt exist! Give me a few mins to fix and reupload!
Hey it happens.

Turns out the script for mounting root had been ovwritten by etc-update, I wonder who did that :oops:

I will check out the new sparkle asap.

Thanks for lookin into this.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

"magic uhoh" will fix that error, so long as you can get into the system first :)