using the xbox remote with mplayer

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
burriko

using the xbox remote with mplayer

Post by burriko »

hi,

i've set up mplayer to stream shows from my tivo, and would really like to be able to use the xbox remote to control this. so far all i've been able to do is add the key-presses that the remote produces to mplayer's input.conf file to provide some functionality. this is working okay, but it could definitely be a lot better.
  • - the repeat rate seems very sensitive which is causing problems i.e. it thinks i've pressed a button a couple of times instead of just once.
    - i can only use certain buttons because not all of them are mapped to key-presses.
is there a way to get over these problems? or is it possible to use the remote using lirc? i've had problems getting lirc compiled under gentoox (and i didn't want to emerge it cos it looked like it might make some changes to the kernel)

i also tried enabling joystick support for mplayer, but mplayer kept complaining about losing sync with the joystick and then it would stop working.

thanks for any help that anyone can offer.