new cromwell bios: partition table hacks

Request new features that might make using Gentoox better.
ViRAL
Novice

new cromwell bios: partition table hacks

Post by ViRAL »

i have a cheapmod and a flashed TSOP, i have TSOP with cromwell and cheapmod with a xbtool edited evox m7. i want to be able to store my emulators and apps and games on F:, but i also want a native gentoox install. would my hdd still work if i put in computer and used partition magic to make F: something like 20gigz for gentoox and watevers left on G:. i know bout all that lba48 stuff but my drive is only 80gig so i don't think it's work. maybe itz possible to change cromwell bios so it puts half free space on F: half on G:??? or maybe u could make gentoox let u choose how much of F: to be made native and that could be called G: thanx -ViRAL
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

Partition magic won't be able to see the Xbox partitions they don't work in the same way. You could add a 256 MB swap and a 20GB linux partition called hda1 and hda2 to the end of your drive. The problem with this is that your xbox wouldn't see them and once you filled the rest of your F partition it would quite happily write over your linux partitions. The only option therefore would be to edit your xbox bios so that the F partiton (hda55) stops 20GB before the end of the drive. Whether or not this is something you could do with xbtool, I don't know as I have never seen it.

Just to clarify the bios that needs to be changed is not the cromwell bios but the M7 one as when you do a native install you don't actually use the F drive you use the space it would normally occupy and you partition that space in the same way you would on a PC.
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?