Wish list for SANTA GENTOOX and thanks a million$$$$$$$

Request new features that might make using Gentoox better.
bigtimeout

Wish list for SANTA GENTOOX and thanks a million$$$$$$$

Post by bigtimeout »

Thanks shallax for making a great distribution of Linux for the Xbox.

I’ve nothing but praise and admiration for the innovative and high quality work you have been doing in producing your distribution.

Stardust installer is great it allows newbies like myself to install the distribution. It has so many top features. Good work.

Magic is magic.

Watch me is great. This is a real innovative idea and I’m going to steal it for use in other tutorials. If you don’t mind.

Your tutorials are clear, concise and WORK.

I haven’t even tried version 3 yet. I guess that's our christmas present from you.

Your site runs well and is a living example of what can be done with an XBOX.

I’m glad people are making a donation. I appreciate how much time and effort you are putting into this. I hope it isn’t growing too big for you to manage.

SO a radical suggestion.

Why doesn’t everyone who wants something from you, give you some money for it. You have to eat I guess.

Say, we could sponsor you to add a feature.

Some people who have asked for things have obviously given you a financial sign of their appreciation. To continue you will need more!!!!!!!

To be more to the point.

We need you to continue to build Gentoox into the premium distribution and not to sell out and get another job.

I too have a wish list for SANTA GENTOOX. I'm a greedy child too!!!!

But first my name is Tony. I live in Sydney Australia. I like Sydney. The beaches etc., etc., I have good lifestyle. I’d like to share it with other people. I’d like to show them videos. pictures, words etc. The net is good for that, but it will never have enough bandwidth to do what we want to do.

Wouldn’t it be nice to give everybody a free DVD every week of arts entertainment theatre guides, sample garage bands videos games we make oursleves etc. etc. to play on their XBOX‘s. Open to everybody’s creativity.

Microsoft would love to do this exclusively, and stop everybody else doing it unless we paid them a royalty and signed with them etc etc. They tried with MSN version 1 they will try again. Its a Walled Garden.

To drive this DVD we desperately need a free software engine. XBOX linux live looked good but it had proprietary software in it. Now the new XBOX multimedia project looks like the next step but we don’t have it yet and may never have it. ( some people i see have asked for freevo )

Scoring the goal is important. You have done that with Gentoox. You have that talent and ability to get the job done.

All we really need is a "Damn Small Linux" like distribution in Knoppix that fits on a credit card for the XBOX. Around 50 meg of files. Everybody could give it out for free. Include it on CD’s etc etc. real no-brainer version.

You’re the person with the talent and expertise.

So how much money do you think is needed to start something like this rolling.

Maybe other people on this forum would like to make a contribution in ideas and time to assist. Wko knows.

So we can start looking to get it together. Not just me but other people may want to come on board with a contribution. We need to know how much is needed. A target or a Goal. who may want to do what. Who may want to do nothing except cheer it on.

Let's all give ourselves a Christmas present.

thanks Tony
Trogdor
Gentoox Guru!

Post by Trogdor »

I think I can hear sucking sounds.*

*As in I hear someone sucking up to sHaLlAx
MOUNT TAPE U1439 ON B3, NO RING

Q: HOW DO I RUN MAGIC ??
A: You run magic by not typing in capital letters.
fuz
Power user

Post by fuz »

<sarcasm>

I would like to take this time to also thank ShALLaX for compiling gentoo and using both existing applications like stardust from other distributions of linux and also using existing scripts and source from the linux-xbox community to make what he has labelled gentooX. Using a frontend of scripts like magic* and blink* to make this distribution appear like a seamless and new linux distribution that he alone has developed.

Thomas has taken time to build this forum and his website which i believe is the best part of his distribution - the chance to communicate with other users.

I am glad that ShALLaX takes the time to answer all the Q&A threads and that he personally thanks those who help him to acheive that task.

* ShALLaX (c)

</sarcasm>
127.0.0.1, wherever you go.. there you are!
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

I dont get that last post, was it an insult, or a joke?

I made stardust and magic by hand from scratch. I also made the blink wrapper from scratch using the binary source from xbox-linux which I dont claim to have made. I dont see how I claim to have made this distro myself since I've called it Gentoox after the original name "Gentoo" and this is even stated on the website. I dont see what "scripts" ive used from xbox-linux, since they dont have any... and I do use the kernel source patches developed by Xbox-Linux (why reinvent the wheel?). I also contribute my own source such as my whole i2c suite (fanctl, forcereboot, forcehalt... etc).

And I really have taken time to setup these forums and website... and I do give thanks as I'm doing now to bigtimeout who obviously appreciates the amount of effort I have put in.

I'm sorry, fuz, if your <sarcasm> tags meant you're just joking, but if I dont understand what you mean I'm sure a lot of other people don't...
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
ToeRag
Novice

Post by ToeRag »

ShALLaX wrote:I dont get that last post, was it an insult, or a joke?

I made stardust and magic by hand from scratch. I also made the blink wrapper from scratch using the binary source from xbox-linux which I dont claim to have made. I dont see how I claim to have made this distro myself since I've called it Gentoox after the original name "Gentoo" and this is even stated on the website. I dont see what "scripts" ive used from xbox-linux, since they dont have any... and I do use the kernel source patches developed by Xbox-Linux (why reinvent the wheel?). I also contribute my own source such as my whole i2c suite (fanctl, forcereboot, forcehalt... etc).

And I really have taken time to setup these forums and website... and I do give thanks as I'm doing now to bigtimeout who obviously appreciates the amount of effort I have put in.

I'm sorry, fuz, if your <sarcasm> tags meant you're just joking, but if I dont understand what you mean I'm sure a lot of other people don't...
I have to agree, I read it twice, and it sounds initially like he's dis'n you but then kinda makes up for it towards the end. Not sure, but if it helps ...

Thanks ShaLLaX for all your hard work on this project. It's a GREAT toy for me to occupy my time. Much better than playing GAMES with a xbox as it was intended!
~ToeRag.