Precompiled apache w/ PHP

Request new features that might make using Gentoox better.
t0ny

Precompiled apache w/ PHP

Post by t0ny »

Hey shallax you should have php precompiled so its not a big thing to use it, Thanks
"A man with a car gets around town, but a man with a plane gets around many towns" -John .P
Fly8 rulez
madskillz09022
Linux User

Post by madskillz09022 »

i second that, that would be kool. or add a thing to magic that would download and install apache with php. i was gunna write a script to do that and post it on here, but i dont program in linux. i could get it to do sum things, but i couldnt figure out anything but echo. so i think ill leave the programming up to the pros...
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Not gonna happen. If you want a webserver, you build a webserver. Not everyone is going to want apache. If you DO want apache, you should be using the pro edition.. in which case you should be a pro.. meaning you should be good enough to install apache.
Bucko
Power user

Post by Bucko »

Not gonna happen. If you want a webserver, you build a webserver. Not everyone is going to want apache. If you DO want apache, you should be using the pro edition.. in which case you should be a pro.. meaning you should be good enough to install apache.
HAHAHAHA, so true :)
Arion

Post by Arion »

ShALLaX wrote:Not gonna happen. If you want a webserver, you build a webserver. Not everyone is going to want apache. If you DO want apache, you should be using the pro edition.. in which case you should be a pro.. meaning you should be good enough to install apache.
Shouldn't the same apply to mysql, yacc, and perlcc? Heck I even saw nasm there(in the home edition).

I agree that apache shouldn't be in the home version, but neither should mysql.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Errr... why shouldnt mysql be in there? Its not just "servers" that use mysql... user programmes can use it. If its there, its because it was a required dependency for something else in there. MySQL is always handy to have.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

besides, since when is gentoo "pre compiled" anyways :)