pro version - usefull request :)

Request new features that might make using Gentoox better.
aias
Novice

pro version - usefull request :)

Post by aias »

first of all,

plz excuse any english errors which may be included in the text. english is not my native tongue ;)

i had installed the pro version and everything went well, but i am missing the rp-pppoe files. in the ordinary gentoo live cd you can go online with the installed adsl drivers, but in the pro version they are missing.

there are sure some cases you can`t connect to a lan or don`t have the missing portage and packages on a cd to install them manually.

if this would happen, you could go online with your first xbox installation and download the portage and continue.

correct me if am wrong, but i think the addional compiling time (if you would include rp-pppoe) for the pro version wouldn`t be to long.

would be nice, if i can get some feedback :)

thnx
aias
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

The idea of Pro is that its TOTALLY bare, and thats how its gonna stay. Its up to the user to be Professional enough to get it working ;P
aias
Novice

Post by aias »

i understand your opinion and i agree with you in the fact that it should be bare. that was the main reason for me to chose the pro instead of the home version.

but internet-access should be a basic feature and not an optional one. it is the nature of gentoo to download the latest sources to have an up-to-date system and therefore you need adsl-drivers.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Most people use a LAN with a router, hardly anyone directly connects their modem to their xbox. And if you do this, you can download the pppoe sources to a cd and install them that way. Maybe in a while ill add this, but right now i dont have the time.