This old chestnut again ;) ext3 support pro 1.x

Request new features that might make using Gentoox better.
scoobydu
Linux Expert

This old chestnut again ;) ext3 support pro 1.x

Post by scoobydu »

Would be really nice to have a choice of ext3 or reiser on the native install :wink:
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Meh. That would mean I'd have to change a hell of a lot of scripts, including sparkle...
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
scoobydu
Linux Expert

Post by scoobydu »

ShALLaX wrote:Meh. That would mean I'd have to change a hell of a lot of scripts, including sparkle...
Now you know as well as I do, you wouldn't need Sparkle anymore with ext3 :lol: :wink:

Perhaps the changes could be preparing for xfs and others, so they would be easy to incorporate later on ..

It really is a great distro, and compliments my gentoo servers very well, but the re installs after glitches is getting tiring for an old guy!

Let me know if you decide to give it a try around your studies ... I've a couple of boxes to do some testing on.

scooby
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

I'll look into moving everything to Ext3. This will, unfortunately, obsolete all current versions of Gentoox.
scoobydu
Linux Expert

Post by scoobydu »

ShALLaX wrote:I'll look into moving everything to Ext3. This will, unfortunately, obsolete all current versions of Gentoox.
You are gentleman and a scholar :wink: thx.

Just read on the main page you have added ext3 support!

Thankyou~!

edit: Do I need to download a new version of pro? its still 1.1 in the download area. I'll try a new install with pro 1.1 and see what happens ...
scoobydu
Linux Expert

Post by scoobydu »

Damn, I've just seen the ext3 news! :(

Is that just for the home version ShALLax? or pro as well?

Space can't be a problem with the pro version!? can it?
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

This will be for both versions. Its hard enough maintaining two different versions of the same distro, let alone with two different filesystems. Sparkle has never let me down when filesystem corruption occurs.
scoobydu
Linux Expert

Post by scoobydu »

ShALLaX wrote:This will be for both versions. Its hard enough maintaining two different versions of the same distro, let alone with two different filesystems. Sparkle has never let me down when filesystem corruption occurs.
/me scooby walks around the room, stamps his feet, waves his arms and exclaims, 'Its not fair' in true 'Kevin' style .... :lol: :D
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Calm down ;)
scoobydu
Linux Expert

Post by scoobydu »

ShALLaX wrote:This will be for both versions. Its hard enough maintaining two different versions of the same distro, let alone with two different filesystems. Sparkle has never let me down when filesystem corruption occurs.
I don't beliiiieeeeve it! :lol: