Post information here about bugs - please remember to provide an accurate and detailed description and, if possible, steps on how to replicate the issue.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:47 pm
Just FTPintaled latest Gentoox 7.1
Any time I run magic get this;
A new version of portage is available, this will be installed now.
* IMPORTANT: 4 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
* Use eselect news to read news items.
Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild N ] app-admin/eselect-python-20090824
[ebuild U ] app-admin/eselect-1.2.3 [1.0.11-r1]
[ebuild U ] sys-apps/portage-220.127.116.11 [18.104.22.168]
*** Portage will stop merging at this point and reload itself,
then resume the merge.
[blocks B ] app-admin/eselect-news ("app-admin/eselect-news" is blocking app-admin/eselect-1.2.3)
* Error: The above package list contains packages which cannot be
* installed at the same time on the same system.
!! Emerge failed.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:56 am
Someone please help us i am also having the exact same problem and i cannot figure out how to fix it.
Please Help Thanks
- Site Admin
- Posts: 1973
- Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:25 pm
- Location: England
That's not a magic problem, it's a problem with portage.
It suggests that you first need to run:
After that, run magic again.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
- Linux User
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:24 am
!!! The following installed packages are masked:
- sys-libs/e2fsprogs-libs-1.41.3-r1 (masked by: package.mask)
# Mike Frysinger <firstname.lastname@example.org
> (07 Mar 2010)
# Very old packages that people should have upgraded away from
# long ago. Courtesy mask ... time to upgrade.
# Added <sys-fs/e2fsprogs as well (halcy0n)
- sys-fs/e2fsprogs-1.41.3 (masked by: package.mask)
For more information, see the MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge
man page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests