Mplayer bluescreen with XV

Post information here about bugs - please remember to provide an accurate and detailed description and, if possible, steps on how to replicate the issue.
roofus
Novice

Mplayer bluescreen with XV

Post by roofus »

Mplayer locks up and only displays a blue screen while using XV to play videos. Although this is only the case when using widescreen resolutions.

I'm using an x2vga. When the resolution is set to a 4:3 res (which it cannot display properly) XV works great but the screen looks like crap. When using a widescreen resolution, the screen looks great but XV makes Mplayer display only a blue screen and then lockup.

I've tried everything i could find online, but i haven't been able to find anyone having the same problems. I would use x11 but there is no hardware resizing. Zoom works with x11 but it's software resizing is too slow for the xbox.

I'm extremely confused as to how XVs hardware resizing isn't working on wide screen resolutions. XBMC is based off of Mplayer and it works great.

I have a 1.2/1.3 box with a conextant video chip. Everything works great except for this.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Noted. Unfortunately I find myself with no time to work on Gentoox for the long forseeable future. I'll try looking into this as soon as I get some time.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
roofus
Novice

Post by roofus »

I'm not sure that is is a bug with gentoox, because it's just the widescreen resolutions. It's probably a limitation of XV. I posted it here because I didn't know where else to put it. Was just hoping someone would have a solution.

Thanks for everything Shallax. It's really a rock solid distro, idiot proof and everything. This forum has made learning Gentoox a breeze. (I'm only used to slackware currently, it's what i use for my web server.)

P.S. insanely fast reply. :D
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Heh, thats a pretty slow reply by my standards... but thanks ;p
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo