fan speeds up, xbox turns off. Loader problem.

Post information here about bugs - please remember to provide an accurate and detailed description and, if possible, steps on how to replicate the issue.
love_tropicana

fan speeds up, xbox turns off. Loader problem.

Post by love_tropicana »

Hi, i know the maestro is on vacation, but i'm throwing this out in hopes of someone else to be able to help me out.

I'm not sure which xboxversion i have, but it's on of the early ones with the conexant chip as i recently traded someone for it in hopes of gaining higher resolutions(but that's another thread). Anyhow, the loader worked fine on my earlier focus xbox, the only thing i might have done that can have caused this is that i changed the harddrives between the focus box and the conexant box.

It's exactly as described in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=997

But that was in regards to Cromwell/ Xromwell on 1.4/1.5 Xboxes.
As far as i know, there are no such xboxes with the conexant chip so mine should be an earlier version... I could be wrong here though... I can however boot fine from the gentoox dvd disc i have burnt out. Which i find strange since the loader should be the very same right?

I've tried booting from both xbmc and unleashx with the same results.
I run in 480p mode with with optical sound, i have the mouse and keyboard connected to controller ports 3-4 and my gamepad on port 1.

Oh and mine doesn't seem to boot no matter how many times i try.. That would be the difference between my issue and the one in the other thread. Oh i hope someone just might have an answer for me, the reason why this is so annoying for me is because the disctray on this particular xbox is broken.... and only opens now and then... so when i want to use xbmc i can never tell if i'll be able to if the gentoox disc is in the tray, otherwise it would just be an issue of taking the disc out.. but unfortunately i'm a bit unlucky on that front :)

cheers, and thanks for an excellent product... i'm having tons of fun playing around with linux (total linux newbie) and i'm getting better at it each day. :)
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

remove all connections from the ports.. change your IGR to No... if you hdtv change it to 480p (on the tv itself) and then change the settings on MS Dash, your default dash...

Try now...
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

drives are unlocked, or are locked with the correct key right (not just a swap of locked hdds)
love_tropicana

Post by love_tropicana »

Hi vplayer and orochi, thanks for your input.
I've tried everything suggested but unfortunately to no avail.
Well i couldn't remove all connections to the ports, since i would have to use some kind of controller to navigate myself to gentoox.xbe.

If it helps, because i forgot to mention it.. This is a FTP install to E: Drive.
I've tried both with my harddrive locked and unlocked, to accomplish the locking, unlocking procedure i've used Config Magic 1.6, i'm not really sure what you are trying to say orochi... If i've done the locking procedure the wrong way, what would be the right way to go about it.

My last attempt was to upgrade the xbox bios to the to x2_4973_v1.1_256k and to redo the ftp install, thinking that some files may had gone corrupt or something.
This failed miserably as well. So unfortunately i'm still at a loss, and no matter how many damn times i try to start this xbe it still fails... A big red line comes up... then blackness... then the fan speeds up and the led start going mad.. then shutdown... This is weird me thinks.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

As far as I'm aware this is a bug with Cromwell and v1.0 Xboxes (possibly with 1.0+Xenium combos). I wish I knew exactly what the problem was :(
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
roofus
Novice

Post by roofus »

I get this only when trying to boot the XBE off the disc. Everything else runs great. I have a 1.3 w/ xenium.
If this is your first day and you're making your first post, you haven't spent enough time reading.

We were all noobs, once.