New Kernel

Talk about anything related to Gentoox or Gentoo.
msnyder
Adept

New Kernel

Post by msnyder »

Component works on my 1.4, to some degree. It's in black and white. Also I know the HOC settings can't go under 13, but isn't it true that the lower the number the further to the left the display moves? I've got a gap about 1 1/2" on the left side of my screen. The VOC is set to 5 and seems to work fine.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

No, consider HOC as a horizontal compression. The problem with the Focus drivers is that the positioning of the screen is fixed (i.e. theres no auto recentering). This means that HOC and VOC shrink from the top left corner, read the "known issues" part from the news post. Its good to hear component is working to a degree. What its actually doing is using the SCART signal, instead of S-Video, which hasnt been coded yet.. or at least this is my understanding (hence the black and white).
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
msnyder
Adept

Post by msnyder »

Let me know if you want to test some other tings, new drivers, etc. I'll be happy to help, and if it screws up my install I don't care, I'll start over. No big deal...
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

the reason for the black and white is that you have a composite (full colour signal on one lead) outputing in to the Y (black and white) input of your TV. Like Shallax says, this is the only bit supported so far.
S-video is a bit like component but the Cr and Cb are cross modulated (at 90°) and sent down the same cable.
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?