Emergency Linux -> Gentoo X

Talk about anything related to Gentoox or Gentoo.
ve6hf

Emergency Linux -> Gentoo X

Post by ve6hf »

I'm a little confused. I have installed the MechInstaller as a save game onto the X: box hard drive. I understand that I need the Mech game to install the emergency Linux.

I don't want to mod the hardware and I want to still be able to run X-Box Games.

I'm confused on how to install Gentoo Linux. Can I install in from Emergency Linux? Where do I install it to??

Confused.

JM
jungec
Novice

Post by jungec »

As i understand it there is a huge stink between xbox-linux dev team and shallax. They basically are not giving shallax the privalages he needs to make gentoox compatable with mechinstaller. Correct me if I missed something.
mdplayer82

Post by mdplayer82 »

great! why did they even put his distro on their site then? They are trying to confuse ppl or something? I asked the same exact question in the noob section seeing that no one asked it there. Now i have emergency linux installed but I guess it's pretty much worthless....
crowe

Post by crowe »

I am in a similiar situation. after visiting xbox-linux website i was 'sure' i needed mechassault and the consequent saves/patches. turns out i was wrong :( and i don't see why the xbox-linux site promotes gentoox. whats more confusing is it mentions that you can't just burn a cd and install linux for it to work...but this appears to be the gentoox way???

very confusing stuff for us newbies :oS

p.s-anybody want to buy a second hand copy of mechassault (jk) :wink: