Emerging Postgresql...

Talk about anything related to Gentoox or Gentoo.
justquick

Emerging Postgresql...

Post by justquick »

Ok I have installed postgresql my ShallaxPro box (using both emerge & make) and everything seems ok. It runs the server sucessfully with no sign of warning and is completely available from psql. When I try to connect to it over the network (which im sure works cause im using ssh) it says that it cant find a connection. I checked netstat on the xbox and sure enough postmaster was not listening for connections. I opened up the permission to fully but nothing works. Is postgresql not ready for the xbox or have i missed something?
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

I believe thats because its using sockets and not a port to allow connections to postgresql

you should be able to login via ssh and run 'psql' to administer your service

be sure to checkout
http://gentoo-wiki.com/Special:Search?s ... esql&go=Go
justquick

Post by justquick »

You believe incorrectly, postgresql allows for remote connections through a default port of 5432. This is where I run into problems because when i ssh into my box and use psql it works just fine but when I try to connect remotely to postmaster it cant find the port connection even when my pg_hba.conf is allowing anyone into any database with no passwd. I dont care about security, i just want it to work. Also the firewall is disabled so it cant be that.
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

I checked netstat on the xbox and sure enough postmaster was not listening for connections.
you wont be able to remotely access your box untill netstat shows this port