dear shallax....

Talk about anything related to Gentoox or Gentoo.
XEBiAN LOVER

dear shallax....

Post by XEBiAN LOVER »

Last edited by XEBiAN LOVER on Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

you guys are a bunch of jokers. . u dont know what the s*** your talking about. maybe you guys dont even have gentoox installed right now on you xbox you xebian lover.

You have 2 posts and why are u complaining about support. We already see that you have a attitude and it wont help in getting support for whatever u want.
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2
XEBiAN LOVER

Post by XEBiAN LOVER »

Last edited by XEBiAN LOVER on Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clpalmer
Power user

Post by clpalmer »

ShALLaX has put a ton of his own time in developing this for the rest of us to use. We don't pay for it, so basically he's working for free. How much time have you put into developing something for someone else without getting paid? Should we not then call you greedy for wanting all this stuff for free? Can you blame the guy for asking you to donate if you like what he's done for you?
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

hahaha i almost fell off my couch reading what Xebian Lover had to say.

boy I think he nearly changed the meaning of donations/donor to "Forcefully asking money" ..

anyways this is the Linux (*nix) world, you work a little and experiment a little. No one is going to spoon feed you. (oops dont say I was asking for donations ). Just a little effort from your side would make it a lot easier. If you deleted gentoox and if you dont like shallax, what are you doing here.

You dont have to donate money in all cases, if you have a modem for instance that shallax doesnt have and drivers need to be built for it, why dont you take some time make a driver work and put down instructions to help others who have the same problem. Thats a kind of donation to the site. Just dont expect him to buy that modem and build drivers for you.
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2
XEBiAN LOVER

Post by XEBiAN LOVER »

Last edited by XEBiAN LOVER on Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

2004 Januar 10th, written by Sandy M. On the January 10th I saw Shallax on the Street and he hurts me to get a Donation frome me ...
Who saw me on the street? I hurt who? Seriously I'm interested in this one because I've never met anyone offline that has used Gentoox.

I put information about donations in the README (as any dev would do), on the website (again, seems logical) and I occasionally open a plea for donations when necessary (as with the Xbox360).

The xbox-linux WIKI is a place for developers to put information - yes I put that I'm accepting donations. I didnt say "You will give me donations". Are you going to complain about your Xebian developer accepting donations via the Sourceforge website or complain about him when he asked for donations publicly (xbox-scene website) which even I donated to.

The fact of the matter is, you came into the channel on a day I was sick, asked for help... I asked you what you needed... no reply for 4 minutes so I went off and carried on with my busy life.
15:48 -!- xxx [xxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.net] has joined #Gentoox
15:48 < xxx> Hi you people
15:50 < xxx> anyone here ß
15:50 < xxx> ?
16:06 <@ShALLaX> ?
16:10 < xxx> can I install xine on gentoox to record the dvb movies ?
16:15 < xxx> oh fudge man ! I better should use Xebian ! It got a better support !
16:15 -!- xxx [xxxxxx@xxxxxxx.net] has quit [Quit: tschöö leude]
17:50 < BeckyK> heheh
17:59 <@ShALLaX> haha
18:02 <@ShALLaX> yay for being ill
(Note that the board has turned f**k into fudge as part of its censorship module, he wasnt being polite)

See how people laugh at you, yet you insist on making it worse by making follow-up posts like these.

I don't have anyone else help me on this project because I fear I'll end up with someone like you on the team - something I wont deal with. People do not need to be a moderator to help others out on these forums - the fact that your post about Xine got no response suggests that you haven't done the work necessary in preparation for asking for help.

"Can I install Xine in Gentoox" is one of the most stupid questions I can think of... it came easy to you though. There is no reason at all it wouldnt work - though for DVB you'll have a hard time getting a video card that produces good quality imagery over a USB 1.1 connection. Any intelligent person would know the bandwidth is the crippling factor here.

Do you know where ALL of the donations have gone? Back into the project to buy more Xboxes, accessories (such as VGA adaptors so I can write programmes and help with making the drivers to support them). The only time I have used donation money for non-project related purchases has been for my laptop, which in a way goes back to the project because I use my laptop mainly for coding.

I happen to think PHPBB is the best board software around. And, no, better software does not mean better users... you're a prime example of this.

I suggest you take your trolling elsewhere because no one here will support you. As for you using Xebian. Good luck with it, the developer is a great person and I'm sure you'll be happy using it!
Last edited by ShALLaX on Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

I just got an apology in private from this guy so I guess this is over. I wont delete this post because then people will start complaining about censorship... if there are anymore flame replies to this topic it will, however, be locked.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

I've censored his details on request only because I'm not sure where I stand from a legal point of view. Its clear that he is only making apologies because he is worried about losing his anonymity.