Kernel Upgrade

Talk about anything related to Gentoox or Gentoo.
xdanx
Linux User

Kernel Upgrade

Post by xdanx »

1. How do I upgrade to kernel 2.6?

2. How do I check what kernel I have?
Deftochino

Post by Deftochino »

To see what kernel version you have, simply type the following into the console:

Code: Select all

uname -a
clpalmer
Power user

Post by clpalmer »

Upgrading to kernel 2.6 would be done at your own risk. ShALLaX did add 2.6 as a patch, but there were a couple problems with it (mostly with fatx I believe) and he reverted back to 2.4. If you did upgrade it, you'd have to do it yourself and if you're asking "how do I upgrade it" then I'd say it's not exactly a good idea for you =)
xdanx
Linux User

Post by xdanx »

clpalmer wrote:Upgrading to kernel 2.6 would be done at your own risk. ShALLaX did add 2.6 as a patch, but there were a couple problems with it (mostly with fatx I believe) and he reverted back to 2.4. If you did upgrade it, you'd have to do it yourself and if you're asking "how do I upgrade it" then I'd say it's not exactly a good idea for you =)

Where can i find the patch? How do I apply it? plz show me.. I really need to do this..
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

xdanx wrote:
clpalmer wrote:Upgrading to kernel 2.6 would be done at your own risk. ShALLaX did add 2.6 as a patch, but there were a couple problems with it (mostly with fatx I believe) and he reverted back to 2.4. If you did upgrade it, you'd have to do it yourself and if you're asking "how do I upgrade it" then I'd say it's not exactly a good idea for you =)

Where can i find the patch? How do I apply it? plz show me.. I really need to do this..
use the search function for the forums, all the questions you asked here have already been answered here