support very slow

Talk about anything related to Gentoox or Gentoo.

Slow support staff?

Yes
22%
No
78%

Total votes: 9

justincx3
Linux User

support very slow

Post by justincx3 »

i dont know if it's only me or is it normal that the support staff here dont support very well or they are very slow to reply? i have post a new post and no one is replying anymore, been 2 days now.. :/
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

Hi,

There is a difference between 'support is slow' and 'support is only for people who try'. You just dont get a poll for saying support is slow, that would only make it worse compared to 'trying it by yourself, asking stupid questions and refusing to read tutorials'.

And I see 10 replies and 47 replies to both your posts. And there is no support **persay**, its only people try to help other people. If you didnt get reply to what you asked its because no one has tried it or they (who have) havent visited the site in a couple of days.

hope that clears up your mind.. and nope I am not going to answer your poll cause its obvious.
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2
justincx3
Linux User

Post by justincx3 »

you dont know what you're talking about... i wont even bother answering to what you wrote. calling ppl stupid isnt very smart.
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

justincx3, you are the support staff.

This is a community forum, if you wish to see these forums get better, you should contribute to help out.
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

Hi,

I know what I am talking about and I am sure I did not call you stupid. :).

You should have found this if you had searched. hope this helps.

viewtopic.php?t=374&postdays=0&postorde ... r&start=15

If there ever is a tutorial, it will be pinned or in the FAQ or in the tutorial section.
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2
clpalmer
Power user

Post by clpalmer »

Yeah, I agree, Shallax is a slacker, all he's done is put together this wicked linux distro and sit there and service all of the bugs, problems, requests, posts as much as he can and after doing only that, he has the audacity to have a life of his own on the side. He should give up all of his own personal stuff and sit on these forums 24/7 just so you don't have to wait 2 days for something you can probably find an answer for in forums, on the web, or by trying it yourself........ right.....

How bout instead you thank him for the work he's done, quit whining about waiting 2 days for support on something you didn't pay a dime for and thank the poor guy who's busted his ass to get you as far as you are.

Thanks ShALLaX =)
justincx3
Linux User

Post by justincx3 »

ok for my record, i know shallax did a create job with linux on the xbox and by far gentoo linux is the way to go. I dont think i am the only one trying to get reiser4 support with the xbox.. i did search of course before i post, why do i have to wait for an answer when i probably can find what i am looking for in the forums, these forums didn't start yesterday so of course someone already came up with something about reiser4, my search for reiser4 turned out 4 results only and none of those were helpfull.

i cannot be a support staff like orochi said, i dont know much about the way xbox reacts to linux, the installer is automatic so how in the world i am suppose to format a partition? i just find out "Then you will have to boot your system using the stardust CD use ctrl+c to get out of the installer." what if i dont have a keyboard hooked up to my xbox, i guess i will have to ssh into it..

anyway i got some info about reiser4 so i'll try to put in practice what i have learn.

ppl shouldn't jugde others from ppl who want to get the answers in their hands. so called leechers.