Successful magic upgrade to kernel 2.6

Talk about anything related to Gentoox or Gentoo.
hobbes
Linux User

Post by hobbes »

cool that its working (for u guys at least) i am in no position to mess with my gentoox now (FC3 doesnt like me, cant edit the hd on pc) and i saw you had pro 2.0 as completed. any news on a release? i use native so fatx isnt an issue. and ill have to second alphaflux's comment
Thanks Shallax; you truely are a God!
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Theres no news on it yet. I'm headed off out of the country for a week and a half as of tomorrow which kinda messed things up. I dont want to leave my Xboxes going fullwhack with all the windows shut so Home progress has also been halted. I expect both Home and Pro to be released by the end of April (maybe MCE if I get 'round to it).
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
Schultz
Novice

Post by Schultz »

Just wanted to report again successful on everything.. did a full emerge -avu world and also converted over to new threads instead of linuxthreads. also did your echo .. so hopefully everything will be like pro2.0 is when it's released. thanks again Shallax for all your hard work.
hobbes
Linux User

Post by hobbes »

aight, ill stick with pro1.5 and a magic update

EDIT: works! xfce looks nice, but my only question is, why doesnt the dpad work on the xbox controller? i use it and my usb keayboard, and i like having the dpad as well.

OMG! WTF? EDIT #2?!?!?!
firefox works, thx or the help shallax
jwo7777777

Did update...

Post by jwo7777777 »

Everything went smooth as silk.
SIgnature on strike! Typist unfair to keyboard!!!
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

The D-Pad doesnt work because of the way joymouse was coded.
shadycady
Linux User

I WANT AN UPGRADE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by shadycady »

So any more idea of when you will have the release of the Home Edition 4.0

We so eagerly await the release!
Xenium Ice (OS 2.3.0); 320Gb WesternDigital HD; Evox M8+ bios; Linux dual-boot GentooX; Lastest CVS build XBMC with built-in XLink Kai: Evolution VII (Global Network Gaming); XBOX to USB adapter . . .
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Hoping within the next 2 weeks... because after that I have to go back to university!
shadycady
Linux User

So How bout an update

Post by shadycady »

Can we get an update on the status on the Home 4.0 edition????????????

I like news but I would really like the completion.

I love GentooX
Xenium Ice (OS 2.3.0); 320Gb WesternDigital HD; Evox M8+ bios; Linux dual-boot GentooX; Lastest CVS build XBMC with built-in XLink Kai: Evolution VII (Global Network Gaming); XBOX to USB adapter . . .
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Emerge: package 60 of 148.
shadycady
Linux User

ALMOST

Post by shadycady »

ShALLaX wrote:Emerge: package 60 of 148.
w00t w00t

ALMOST 1/2 way there !!!!!
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Nah.. way over half way.. it was out of 352, but i had to resume it half way through after it stalled... so really its 264/352.... only thing is, its doing all the KDE junk now which takes AGES. kdemultimedia has seriously been going since about 7am... its now 10pm and its still not done!
shadycady
Linux User

So ....

Post by shadycady »

Everything works (Home 4.0) so when can we get it?
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

shady read the main page http:\\gentoox.shallax.com performance with the fatx driver suxxorz (im assuming) in result install takes a long time, wont be released in this condition (what would be the point anyway)
shadycady
Linux User

humm

Post by shadycady »

well despite the fatx driver problem everything works .. so I want to fudge with it plus I am anxious to see this new version

I love Gentoox

Why whats your problem GAWD !!!

Don't be jealous because I have been chatting with babes online All Day