How much space does Gentoox home take up?

Talk about anything related to Gentoox or Gentoo.
total_ass

How much space does Gentoox home take up?

Post by total_ass »

i have a stock hard drive and a few gig on the E drive left. i still want space for all of my save games and music etc. will i be able to use Gentoox?

(i searched but i couldnt find anything so sorry if its been asked many times before)
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

The current rootfs is 4GB plus you need 256MB for the swap file
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
total_ass

Post by total_ass »

oh im screwed then.

can the rootfs not be made a smaller size? :)
Neisius

Post by Neisius »

that's the problem. You need an almost blank E drive to install GentooX...or at least I did. After the install you can change the size of rootfs and put your files back on...if they fit.
Right now I have Gentoox, XBMC, and EvoX installed and only have ~300mb free. I had to take off all my ripped CDs and homebrewed games.
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

Hi,

You dont need a blank E drive, you just dont need your music saves, movie saves, dvd copies, dashboards, xbox media center software ... :) You can move all those to F drive and then install gentoox on E drive.
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2
Neisius

Post by Neisius »

vplayer wrote:Hi,

You dont need a blank E drive, you just dont need your music saves, movie saves, dvd copies, dashboards, xbox media center software ... :) You can move all those to F drive and then install gentoox on E drive.
yeh that's what I ment by almost blank. Basicly a stock E drive.
Trevante
Power user

Post by Trevante »

vplayer wrote:Hi,

I'm pretty sure they're talking about for the stock HDD, in which case they may not even have an F drive....
Neisius

Post by Neisius »

Trevante wrote:I'm pretty sure they're talking about for the stock HDD, in which case they may not even have an F drive....
yeh I don't have a F drive. but it's not hard to FTP your files to your computer.