Magic running until the end of time

Talk about anything related to Gentoox or Gentoo.
WilliamChgo
Banned Losers

Magic running until the end of time

Post by WilliamChgo »

I have GentooX Home Version 3.0c and yes, it's been awhile since I last ran Magic over my perfectly fast as all get-out DSL Internet connection. Maybe several dozen weeks since I ran Magic.

Having debated just replacing my perfectly good Xbox F drive install of GentooX with new version 3.1 (how I hate to be behind) and starting from scratch-- and remembering all the hoops I had to jump through getting my Xerox LAN printer to work with GentooX-- I made the to run Magic.

That was like 30 hours ago. It's running, and compiling, and merging, and compiling, and compiling. Is this normal???

To make me wonder just what the hell is going on, this pig is on step 7 of 34! After 30 hours?

I saw an interview where ShallaX, god bless his heart, said that we should think of Magic as though it were like Windows Update. Well, ShallaX, Magic is no Windows Update!
WilliamChgo
Banned Losers

I know, I know

Post by WilliamChgo »

I Know Linux users, or at least people on this discussion board, never help each other.

fine.
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

You just waited 5 hours for a reply (which were overnight in UK) and then complained.
I'm not going to bother answering you question as it has been answered many times before.
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

I hate tosser trolls.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Sender's Name: WilliamChgo
Sender's Email: FatChance.biz
Message: You will kindly remove my User name and all of my posts from your forum. You do not deserve them!
Banned!
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
Trevante
Power user

Post by Trevante »

Eh. The time he spent running magic, he coulda just downloaded and installed the latest version of Gentoox, then run magic, which wouldn't have take half the time he's wasted.