Xbox Temperature monitoring with mrtg

Talk about anything related to Gentoox or Gentoo.
dr_flubber
Linux User

Xbox Temperature monitoring with mrtg

Post by dr_flubber »

hi,

i've made a simple script in order to monitor the temperatures (motherboard and cpu) of the box. It's a simple start, i plan to make it watch other things like cpu usage, memory, etc.

here's the script : xbox-mrtg

please note that the scripts uses the xboxtemp from shallax; so install it using the 'magic' command ;)

any feedback would be appreciated.

-- flubb
XBoxgeek
Pro

Post by XBoxgeek »

Many thanks for this it works great.

I do have one question though :D I noticed on shALLaX's main page he has the option of viewing 3 reports; temp; fan speed & load. Is this an update to your script? if so how/where do I find it.

Many thanks for making this available.

XBoxgeek
dr_flubber
Linux User

Post by dr_flubber »

XBoxgeek wrote: Many thanks for this it works great.

I do have one question though :D I noticed on shALLaX's main page he has the option of viewing 3 reports; temp; fan speed & load. Is this an update to your script? if so how/where do I find it.
Yes it is; shallax just took my script and added some extra values; he even included a nice install script; you should definitively download the one that is on the download page.

Note that you can monitor almost everything with mrtg; i'm just working on a complete mrtg monitoring station, monitoring bw usage; free disk space, etc. ... will let you know if you are insterested.
--dr.flubb