Problems working in KDE 3.3

Talk about anything related to Gentoox or Gentoo.
althena77
Novice

Problems working in KDE 3.3

Post by althena77 »

Hello!!

I just updated to Gentoox Home 3.1 and everything is fine so far. I am just facing some problems when changing settings for example in the control centre.
Very often the buttons I have to click "OK" or "Apply" and some more settings on are downward out of the screen. This was no problem in the KDE 3.1, here I could rightclick on the window bar and choose "move". Then I could move the window upward out of the screen and had access to the options before downward out of the screen. However this does not work anymore in KDE 3.3, it won't let me move any window upward out of the screen. Is there an option that will allow me doing this again??

Greetings
althena77
Musashi

Post by Musashi »

the exact same thing is happening to me
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

I think youll have to blindly tab to the apply button, unfortunately.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
althena77
Novice

Post by althena77 »

I just noticed something, after testing Xfce for a while I returned to KDE and choosed 800x600 to see how it looks on my TV. The resolution was too high and everything was very hard or impossible to read.
But the problem with the windows not fiting in the screen was gone.
Now I wonder is there a save way to switch between 640x480 and 800x600 without going to Xfce and back to KDE.
As I heared that you could mess up Gentoox very easy by changing the resolution I don't dare to test this ;)
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

xbvset.. though it requires a reboot.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo