Have this hacking f***'ed up Magic?

Talk about anything related to Gentoox or Gentoo.

Do you think Al Quaida will attack again this summer?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:42 am

Yes
67%
No
33%
Don't know/care
No votes

Total votes: 3

Chiron
Linux User

Have this hacking f***'ed up Magic?

Post by Chiron »

Can someone please help me?
I have had problems with gentoox in the last past days.i.e Magic interupts EVERY time during compiling. emerge does to,but not always. The 'Sparkle'-button have disappeared from my Init/Boot-screen, too. :(
Does anyone know what could have happened? I'm not a linux power-user,mildly put. ;)

P.S. I deleted all the files in /var/tmp/portage,but I have updated the portage since,and run emerge sync & rsynd. I DID,homwever use the emerge -prune command around the time it happened.Was hoping to save some desperately needy space.Well,is it me who have clobbered it up? :p
Please help. regards,Ron
-ChiRon
Trogdor
Gentoox Guru!

Post by Trogdor »

The cracking did not affect magic. Sometimes, emerge --prune can fsck up things.
MOUNT TAPE U1439 ON B3, NO RING

Q: HOW DO I RUN MAGIC ??
A: You run magic by not typing in capital letters.
Bucko
Power user

Post by Bucko »

What a stupid pol. What exactly are you trying to do, I don't understand. Using Gentoox 3.0C? Network set-up right?
Chiron
Linux User

Post by Chiron »

Bucko wrote:What a stupid pol. What exactly are you trying to do, I don't understand. Using Gentoox 3.0C? Network set-up right?
I thought i said what I was trying to do,get some free space on my loop/0.Yes,I use Stardust CD. 3.0c.
A stupid poll is better than no pollution.WEll,not everyone's perfect. :) Haven't done anything with the eth-setup. and everything else works.i.e. ftp,telnet,emerge sync,it seems like it's the gdm emerge that crashes every time. well.. i'll just reinstall.
-ChiRon