Hacked

Talk about anything related to Gentoox or Gentoo.
winterborne
Pro

Post by winterborne »

t0ny_im pointed this out in the gentoox irc channel:

Code: Select all

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-us">
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0">
<meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<title>Hacked BYBYBYBY Goognoos</title>
</head>
I never did like the way FrontPage formatted my documents. Apparently this guy can't write his own html; lets forget "hacker" or "cracker"... this was a script kiddie :o!
MaDsKiLLz
Linux User

Post by MaDsKiLLz »

well anyway they cant be called crackers either because they are exploiters. no cracking involved. very simple exploit but i dont want others to follow so i wont elaborate. anyway, these people are lowlifes. wtf they put fucking lions on the front. well anyway magic is still up and running and i will continue to check it and keep irc topic updated ;). if they start hacking away at magic i will definantly start doing my efforts to get shallax's box offline and save his stuff. god these losers have to attack someone while they're on vacation, how low
M3ATW0D
Linux User

Post by M3ATW0D »

did anyone bother to send ShALLaX an e-mail? I know he said he wouldn't have much computer access but there is a chance.
MaDsKiLLz
Linux User

Post by MaDsKiLLz »

yes i sent him an email right after the first attack. if he gets internet access he could shut down his server and that way the attacks would stop and magic would be saved from any thing the hackers had in mind for it.
Bucko
Power user

Post by Bucko »

I also emailed him just to let him know and that I support him 100%.
MaDsKiLLz
Linux User

Post by MaDsKiLLz »

heh the hackers are really stupid. i was reading a news bulliten and saw the default llogin/pass and im like hmm i wonder how dumb/noobish the hackers really are. so i tried it.... i think we all know where this is going. so it lets me logon and i immmediatly change the other accounts passwords (there were 3 god accounts which means it got hacked 2 or 3 times) so now i revived some of the content and they will need to redo the crap to get another login. im sure all my efforts to restore it will be lost but it was worth a try.
Bucko
Power user

Post by Bucko »

heh the hackers are really stupid. i was reading a news bulliten and saw the default llogin/pass and im like hmm i wonder how dumb/noobish the hackers really are. so i tried it.... i think we all know where this is going. so it lets me logon and i immmediatly change the other accounts passwords (there were 3 god accounts which means it got hacked 2 or 3 times) so now i revived some of the content and they will need to redo the crap to get another login. im sure all my efforts to restore it will be lost but it was worth a try.
I love you man, good work! I'm sure shallax won't be so pissed now somet has been revived. Now maybe you could start attacking a few of my phpnuke sites to see if i'm hack proof. This will be interesting,
M3ATW0D
Linux User

Post by M3ATW0D »

well it is good to see that some people use there knowledge of computers for good in the world. Piracy is one thing but destroying an informative website like this is just plane ingnorant.
MaDsKiLLz
Linux User

Post by MaDsKiLLz »

heh yea. no hacking involved. i let the noobs do that part for me. i just simply read a tutorial. at the bottom saw the login and pass. thought the hackers were very noobish. then logged in and disabled there accounts
Bucko
Power user

Post by Bucko »

lol such wankers.
winterborne
Pro

Post by winterborne »

:D hehe good job... sort of funny really... I hope nothing's been lost for good :? .
MaDsKiLLz
Linux User

Post by MaDsKiLLz »

that all depends on if shallax has made a backup. i talked to becky on irc and she said he did make one so it'll just be restored to how it was before he left on vacation.
Bucko
Power user

Post by Bucko »

hat all depends on if shallax has made a backup. i talked to becky on irc and she said he did make one so it'll just be restored to how it was before he left on vacation.
The script kiddies didn't quiet think of that :p
Trogdor
Gentoox Guru!

Post by Trogdor »

MaDsKiLLz wrote:well anyway they cant be called crackers either because they are exploiters. no cracking involved.
I assume it is a PHPNuke vulnerability? Maybe try PostNuke, I hear it is more secure.
MOUNT TAPE U1439 ON B3, NO RING

Q: HOW DO I RUN MAGIC ??
A: You run magic by not typing in capital letters.
winterborne
Pro

Post by winterborne »

I suppose you've all seen the current state of the site? *sigh* At least he made a backup.