Magic Is Crap!

Talk about anything related to Gentoox or Gentoo.
M3ATW0D
Linux User

Magic Is Crap!

Post by M3ATW0D »

Spent 11 Hours only to fine I couldn't see anything because it does not support S-Video. Screw that! I will give GentooX one more shot but I'm not running magic until it is faster or xbvset has S-video support! -my 2 cents
Trogdor
Gentoox Guru!

Post by Trogdor »

If you think magic is crap, don't come complaining: do what ShALLaX did and DO IT YOUR FSCKING SELF! Trust me, it won't be any better in Xebian.
MOUNT TAPE U1439 ON B3, NO RING

Q: HOW DO I RUN MAGIC ??
A: You run magic by not typing in capital letters.
M3ATW0D
Linux User

Post by M3ATW0D »

well sorry to everyone in the forumswhom have read this (i cooled down now) i was just pissed at the fact over how much time i lost. lol anyway ShALLaX is doing his best and I most likely couldn't do it any better. So keep up the great work ShALLaX! now that i have xfce all configed the way i want and all my special stuff i like to change in linux done, i love it sooo much!
hobbes
Linux User

Post by hobbes »

really? i use s-video on my advancewd av-pack i have no problems... are u sure ur doing something right or did i make a breakthrough on accident? :shock: lol i dont have the skill to do that....
Bucko
Power user

Post by Bucko »

Jesus! give shallax a break his site has just been fucking hacked by a moron. I don't think he needs threads like this!
RabidWeezle
Linux User

Post by RabidWeezle »

On the S-Video stuff, never had a problem with microsoft's vid pack or madcatz's multi-system s-video with gentoox. Donno what the problem there is. Let me also say that shallax is a one man army in the ways of linux coding/scripting. If you had the slightest clue of all that he must do to make a complete distro from a cross-platform such as the xbox COMPLETLY BY HIMSELF, you would realize that we, the xbox community are not worthy of this man's genius. He has to be the most patient, intuative individual I have ever seen in my life to take the load of this project securely solo and MAKE IT WORK! It is in fact the most surprising that he has been doing it for soo long. I will stand by whatever this over acheiver does, and I think we all need to give him our support, not just in moral for finantial aswell. I think we all could learn a lesson of what our education, self motivation and patience can get us. Some people quit at the first sign of failure. Like thomas edison, on his invention of the lightbulb, he failed time and time again, but finally after many a long nights, he finally made it happen. And it changed the world as we know it in the dark places we can light up with the mere flick of a switch. I feel the same energy everytime I boot up my xbox and load gentoox.

Enough rambling.

Shallax has what it takes to be up there with all the other great minds of our day. I think you better respect him as such. I don't think you would call up (if he was alive) thomas edison everytime you have to change a lightbulb acting like a bufoon, cause you know it isn't anything he can control. So why would you come in here cussing out The creator of gentoox whenever you can't figure it out.

Nuff said.

Bugging people in #gentoox since april
jledhead
Linux User

Post by jledhead »

RabidWeezle wrote: COMPLETLY BY HIMSELF.................MAKE IT WORK! ................
and don't forget he does all this brilliant work for the FREE.

I am a super linux nOOb (lots better now though) and the first time I installed and updated gentoox, it all went smooooooovee. and I know the sum total of JACK SH*T. so for him to take gentoo, which is blindingly difficult to get running for the normal person, and make it work simply and easily and distribute it for free, and update it for free, I think he deserves some respect