VNC

Talk about anything related to Gentoox or Gentoo.
kkelly

VNC

Post by kkelly »

Ive installed Gentoox via a FTP install on to my E:\ partiton and it appears to work i pressed Yes for enable VNC every time it starts and was given and ip, now i cant connect to this for the life of me. I can read anything on my tv as its Very blurry my xbox and pc see each other as i can pimp from both and the xbox and reach google.com ;) also i can connect to the WebAdmin thing on the xbox, But i cant get VNC to work any ideas guys ?
"xbox_ip:1" (im guess i put the ip in the "ip" bit?) ive tried everything i can see on search

Cheers Kev
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

If you have run magic then the display number will have changed to 0 (the default) you should be able to connect from a vnc client by typing xbox into the server name.
Or you can connect through your web browser by entering http://xbox:5800 as the address
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
kkelly

Post by kkelly »

ive got it to work cheers, something i noticed tho in the bootup thing that looks like dos :) it stated that the ip was 192.168.0.73, and i tried all sorts to allow that ip, after tidying up my display using "putty" the real ip was 192.168.0.56 :) I have another Question if you dont mind how do i get KDE off and the one thats "faster" on ?:)
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

toxfce
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?