Donations

Talk about anything related to Gentoox or Gentoo.
msnyder
Adept

Donations

Post by msnyder »

Hey guys,

We need to step up and help out with some of the costs associated with the developement of GentooX. ShALLaX works hard to provide us with a superb method of running linux on the Xbox. We can't expect him to foot the costs by himself. I suggested that ShALLaX offer those who make a small donation, the opportunity to have the next version of GentooX two weeks before anyone else, but he kindly rejected my suggestion, citing that he would never charge for GentooX. I saw it differently, but I didn't push too hard. There are some exciting new features coming with the next release, I won't go into detail, but for me it's well worth the $25 I donated (If I had more to give I would). So far I'm the first and only person to make any donation. ShALLaX won't ask you to make donations, but I will!! He's doing a fine job and his laptop is broken, show some pride and support GentooX. Donate!!!
Shmio
Linux User

Post by Shmio »

Roger That...

Transfering funds now...not much but i'm getting a job this thurs. (3-4 days for funds transfered from checking acc.)
Trogdor
Gentoox Guru!

Post by Trogdor »

I don't think, IMHO, that releasing early to donators is a good idea. It is restricting distrobution, and the reason to donate shouldn't be greed (:)), it should be love! Anyways, shallax did ask for donations! You aren't his saint, msnyder :P !
MOUNT TAPE U1439 ON B3, NO RING

Q: HOW DO I RUN MAGIC ??
A: You run magic by not typing in capital letters.
msnyder
Adept

Post by msnyder »

Not trying to be his saint, just trying to drum up support for this great OS. If you're not interested in donating, don't... I don't think anyone would look down on you. Not everyone can afford to donate or just don't want to. I don't know what your circumstances are...
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Yeah, I also disagreed with his donation idea.... I dont work that way, I generally do the work regardless of donations, but right now I'm in a dip... cant get motivated.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo