USB init bug?

Talk about anything related to Gentoox or Gentoo.
z9

USB init bug?

Post by z9 »

I have just recently FTP installed Gentrox Home 3.0c on my xbox. When i tried booting it hung on
Boot: Start USB init

I noticed that if i remove the DVD remote control IR dongle, Gentrox boots just fine.

I'm new to Linux so it could be that i have not set it up correctly, but it smells like a bug to me.

Thanks!
Code-X
Novice

Post by Code-X »

This happens on some Boxes and not others, Iv'e been able to boot up with XPad, Keyboard and DVD and some times not.

btw, it's Gentoox not Gentrox
Code The Future
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

Sometimes I can understand people posting stuff that has been said before, in the Q&A forum the topics are so vague you may never find exactly what you want, but the bugs forum has 15 topics they all fit on 1 page and they all have fairly decent topics. The third one on the list is "Freeze on "BOOT: Start USB Init"" please try learning to read
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

*sighs...* *moved*
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
effbiai
Novice

Post by effbiai »

hmm.. this look like a bug i've found.. the xbox freezes when the USB mouse is detected.. :? i have a plain Logitec optical mouse, no wireless. But the wireless Logitech MouseMan works..
detroit
Novice

Post by detroit »

*sighs...* yep, It's a bug with the v3.0 gentoox.xbe loader application.
i have to unplug all my usb devices at boot to avoid the hang.
For this reason, I only use that app when running vga (it does some initiallization for vga mode that I need). When connected to my tv,
I just use the gentoox.xbe from the gentoox2.1 (with 3.0). I patched this binary to load a separate config file for tv, so I have two separate configs. I like the older gentoox.xbe a LOT more because it just loads and doesn't delay or require user input.
Twilek

Post by Twilek »

Hi Shallax...
I updated to the just released new Xromwell.xbe and well, sorry to say the USB hang is there as it always has been.
When I have my DVD Dongle inserted the LED keeps blinking green and no Icons appear. Removing the Dongle makes things work again

Regards Twilek
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

This isn't the USB problem that has been fixed, the bug that has been fixed is the one where you boot and you get to gentoox fine but your USB just isn't working then you reboot and it starts working again.
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Yep, this bug is to do with too many USB devices being attached at once. Someone is looking in to it.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
Twilek

Post by Twilek »

Good to hear, this bug is really bugging me :D If I can provide information which might help the debugging (device info and what not) I will, just let me know.