G Installation Support for MCE

Request new features that might make Gentoox MCE better.
Casper1786
Linux User

G Installation Support for MCE

Post by Casper1786 »

I want support for installing 2 the G Drive, cause not all software supports the G Drive(regular XBOX modding stuff/non-Linux based things)

This is cause I'm buying a 160Gb HDD, and I can have a 23Gb G Drive, or have a 152Gb F Drive. but If u add the support for a G drive installation, I can just install MCE 2 the G Drive. I mostly want it for ripping/Encoding DVD Movies, as that would free up my home PC, my XBOX isn't in use for about 20 Hours a Day, so using my XBOX 2 backup my Movies would be awesome. also Since my Machine isn't modded yet, I havn't tried the software, but say I'm encoding a Movie and i'm only half way, can I Pause the Encoding, re-boot my XBOX an Play some games, then reboot back 2 MCE an Continue the Encoding? if not That could be a Cool feature, I have some other questions about the software, but I'm gonna run around the site 2 see if I can find the answers myself(trying not 2 be a Bad n00b on this forum)
lotw
Pro

Re: G Installation Support for MCE

Post by lotw »

Casper1786 wrote:I want support for installing 2 the G Drive, cause not all software supports the G Drive(regular XBOX modding stuff/non-Linux based things)

This is cause I'm buying a 160Gb HDD, and I can have a 23Gb G Drive, or have a 152Gb F Drive. but If u add the support for a G drive installation, I can just install MCE 2 the G Drive. I mostly want it for ripping/Encoding DVD Movies, as that would free up my home PC, my XBOX isn't in use for about 20 Hours a Day, so using my XBOX 2 backup my Movies would be awesome. also Since my Machine isn't modded yet, I havn't tried the software, but say I'm encoding a Movie and i'm only half way, can I Pause the Encoding, re-boot my XBOX an Play some games, then reboot back 2 MCE an Continue the Encoding? if not That could be a Cool feature, I have some other questions about the software, but I'm gonna run around the site 2 see if I can find the answers myself(trying not 2 be a Bad n00b on this forum)
You can request that all you want, but if you actually searched the forums you would have already found your answer. Getnoox will never support keeping your pirated games. They only support legal applications for the Xbox, that means a legal BIOS and HD stuff. So installing Gentoox or MCE will erase the HD. If you still want to play games on it you can but not from the HD. There are other people however that have found a way around that, if you search the Gentoox forums you will see how they edit the install script to keep F
Casper1786
Linux User

Post by Casper1786 »

ok, thanks, makes some sense since gentoox an mce were built to stay legal, thanx for the info